Ford is using social media to improve its customer service. I read this great article by Forbes on why and how Ford is leveraging social platforms for proactive engagement with their customers. Here is the article summarized:
So why have they gone socialâ€¦.and how are they doing it?
- Its more Proactive – real time response allows any negative posts to be addressed instantly. Ford is aiming to reduce its global response time to under 4 hours.
- A customized search engine tool based on keywords allows Ford to pick up on and monitor concerns, questions and comments across all social platforms. Each issue is then assigned to a dedicated agent until resolved.
- Responding to comments makes takes the interaction from the public realm to the personalized realm
- Digital is King – while customers have the option to switch to phone communication, most prefer to engage digitally.
- Other customers are stepping in with advice. The Ford brand can rely on its happy customers to diffuse situations online
To read the full article, click here
Image source: Insurance Marketing HQ
If you enjoyed this article, I suggest reading the below: