1. Data is captured across every industry and business function. The depth of data provides businesses with valuable information.
2. Data is more detailed and accurate. As such, result variability and problem areas become more transparent so businesses can make more informed decisions, take the right action faster and boost performance.
3. Big data allows ever narrower segmentation of customers and hence organisations can provide more tailored products and services.
4. Businesses can leverage off big data to drive strategic direction and innovation.
5. There is a shortage of people specialised to deal with big data. Organisations will need to invest in talent and technology to make the most of the big data world.
6. Issues like privacy, security, and intellectual property will need to be addressed, even the issue of liability.
It's time to get your organisation ready for the big data era. To access ideas and strategies from experts in big data and to network with leading industries players, consider attending Big Data World Australasia 2012. For more info on this event visit, click here.
If you have big data solutions, then consider exhibiting at Big Data World Australasia. This event is where you have access those who are looking for solutions to their big data problems. Click here to download the sponsorship prospectus.