Some businesses in Asia may still be sceptical about the potential of the comparitavely new big data market. Moreover, the complexities of implementing Big Data often led to senior decision makers pushing the idea of using big data analytics to the back of their mind. While there are many myths surrounding big data, here’s a simple eBook with insights from industry leaders such as 8 Securities, AIMIA, Bank of the Philippine Islands, Leaderboarded, National Library Board, QlikView, SDL, Speciality Fashion Group, Splunk and Tableau Software on big data trends that are expected to surface in the next few years. Hopefully these insights will give sceptical businesses compelling reasons to take action on Big Data usage now.
Here are five big opportunities identified within:
- We will see more enterprises really start to leverage big data in their CRM systems and for their marketing activities
- Decisions made based on analytics will yield better decisions
- Big data is going to see many technology organisations coming up with Big Data offerings, e.g. CRM, loyalty programs, trending analysis. It is going to bring in a new spectrum of analysis for organsisations to become more effective and efficient in data analysis
- Organisations can learn about prospective customers and gain market share using big data
- Case studies have shown that 70 per cent of the data generated every year comes from user-generated data; this is an opportunity for Big Data users
As mentioned earlier, while Asia is still picking up its pace on big data, there is definitely a lot of potential for businesses in the region to tap on these opportunities and gain their competitive edge. To learn more about the ways Big Data can be leveraged for businesses to develop more customer-centric strategies, Big Data World Asia 2013 is the event to look out for in September.[Image: infocux Technologies – Flikr]