If you have heard about Big Data but remain hesitant about its value and prospect, this is just the right report that you might want to have a read.
Published by MindCommerce, the research report dived into key discussion such as the opportunity of Big Data and how much it will be worth in years to come, the type of data available for businesses to leverage on, and the impact of Big Data on the ICT industry.
Here's a summary of the report:
- Big Data is crucial for the ICT and telecom sectors to drive revenue and enhance profits in this competitive marketplace.
- Estimated global market size of "Big Data" is at $18.2B in 2013, and will reach close to $50B by 2017, with an overall 2012-2017 CAGR of 31%.
- Types of Big Data for use: Unstructured Data, Semi-structured Data, Structured Data
- Largest Big Data spending came from hardware investment (40%).
- Poor data can cost businesses 20%-35% of their operating revenue.
- Sources of Big Data come largely from social networks, e-commerce and increasingly, m-commerce.
Does this give you enough conviction to begin some serious planning on Big Data? If it hasn't, download the full report and you will be convinced. In addition, Big Data World Asia is returning for the second year, packing a huge focus on using data analytics and data management strategies to counter issues faced in customer engagement and other business operational costs that companies have been facing these days in this highly complex environment.
For more information, visit www.terrapinn.com/bigdataasia now.