Peter Shearer serves as Head of Passenger Travel at JDA Software, Pricing and Revenue Management Group, where he is responsible for overseeing strategic business initiatives for the passenger travel industry. We caught up with Peter to ask why the rail sector is adopting revenue management technology, and how this is impacting passenger ticket purchases as part of our Passenger Experience Insights series.
Discover Peter's views on:
- What is driving rail operators increasing focus on pricing and revenue management?
- Do Europe's rail operators truly understand the potential for pricing and revenue management?
- Which operator's are demonstrating best practice at this point in time?
- For the operator who really gets this right, what does success look like?
- What is the impact on the passenger experience, and how can RM be used to improve it?
This is the first in our series of Passenger Experience Insights for passenger travel, bought to you by the Passenger Experience Society. If you have something to contribute, please email me at email@example.com.
If you offer strategies to help rail operators improve passenger experience, we'd love to meet you at Rail Experience World in Amsterdam this November. Follow this link for more information.[Image: Len Matthews]