Ayo Oyedepo the Chief Executive Officer of Qustomax presented at Loyalty World Africa 2012.
At Ayo's presentation he spoke about the evolution of customers.
His presentation included what 21ST century customers are:
- Increasingly more sophisticated and digitally connected.
- More socially active and interactive.
- Rapidly and extremely informed as well as demanding.
- More empowered.
- More in charge of their lives and business than even the government and business owners.
As well as what the top trends are in customer evolution:
- E-commerce/digital empowerment has revolutionized how customers interact with organisations and access information. E-commerce revenue is projected to grow to nearly $1 trillion by 2013.
- Speed of customer decision-making/action is more rapid.
- Customers have become greater influencers to brand perception. Research shows that 12% of US population refer to some social media platform to make a purchasing decision.
- Customers demand for greater control, transparency and more exceptional bargains.
- Increasing requirements for localization, socio-cultural relevance to customers and compliance with local/customer-relevant rules.