Ryan Hops is a digital product architect. Ryan leads up product at Wall Street Survivor, the web’s most popular fantasy stock market game. Formerly, Ryan was hedge fund analyst in Hong Kong. Having seen the desire for great interactive education around finance, he wanted to make an impact building the next generation financial education product and joined Wall Street Survivor in 2008. He lives and breathes analytics, UX and social media marketing.
We were excited to have Ryan with us for last year’s Loyalty World Canada. He shared his expertise with attendees during his presentation: “How to (not) antagonize your customers in a Lean Start-up world”.
Main points of Ryan’s presentation include:
- The importance of giving people warnings before change – stealth is overrated, don’t worry about competitors
- Finding your core – knowing who your power users/customers are, and how to reach them
- Show mock-ups – get feedback early by showing your prototypes to existing and future customers
- Bring them into the process with an invite-only beta version – behavioral vs. attitudinal data
- Give them options – people hate when change is forced on them
- Understand that some customers are wrong
Involved in customer loyalty? You should join us in Toronto this March for Loyalty World Canada.
[Image: Cristiano Betta – Flickr]