Luke Mckend, the Country Director of Google South Africa recently spoke about the Digital Retail Landscape
Luke Mckend, the Country Director of Google South Africa spoke at Cards & Payments Africa 2014 about the accelerated increase of search in South Africa, driven mainly by mobile search engines, as well as many other
When posed with the question of, “How often do you purchase online?”, the statistics are conveying an increasing trend. Seasonality and purchase preferences were discussed and indicated interesting facts about the online customer’s choice in spending:
- 61 per cent of SA internet users research online before purchasing
- 65 per cent of online purchases are entertainment related purchases
- 46 per cent of online purchases are consumer electronics
Key points from the presentation:
- Most popular categories for online purchases
- What is a great Online Shopping Experience?
- Understanding the Online Consumer
Involved in the Retail industry? You should join us in March 2015 for our Retail World Africa show! For more information, please visit the Retail World Africa 2015 website.